Wednesday, January 1, 2020

*Tap Tap*-This thing on? Obligatory Mic Check Comeback

Well then.

It's been awhile, eh? I believe my last post was *checks* March 14(heh), 2018. That's almost two years ago.

I mean, real life happens! The little man is becoming the bigger man now-but he's also in kindergarten full time(he was in half-day preschool before this), so between(mostly) that, my other freelancing work, and the other stuff I do for entertainment(Final Fantasy XIV and fighting games, for folks that know me a lot), a lot of my tabletop RPG stuff sort of fell by the wayside. Couple this with my old group being a little more D&D based these days for fantasy(which I also have been playing and enjoying!), it seemed that I ran out of juice for the blog.

But, as I told myself this new year's, I'll be writing more this year(I kept my 2020 goals fairly even; in terms of 'fun stuff' it's 'start raiding again', 'get back into fighting game guides' and 'write more RPG stuff', so it's time to use this for the third thing!

I still, of course, love my old school Shadowrun and this blog will continue as Old School. It may not be as *constant* as it was in 2017/2018, but I certainly hope to try to feed it something every few weeks or something. Some months more than others, possibly.

So yeah. Just wanted to say hello again. Expect some updates, hopefully soon, even if they're sporadic. I'll keep with my usual format of stuff(occasionally giving some 'newer' rules to use contacts with for folks who play later editions), but it'll stay 99% old school writing, houserules, and the like, using my usual old mishmash of 1st through 3rd edition.

(I've actually been working on trying to adapt some of the 3rd edition B/R skills into more wrapped up versions; after some time of mucking about with them I think I have some stuff I like.)

I'll be soon writing up another character, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

*Tap Tap*-This thing on? Obligatory Mic Check Comeback

Well then. It's been awhile, eh? I believe my last post was *checks* March 14(heh), 2018. That's almost two years ago. I mean, r...