Wednesday, June 28, 2017

So, why the new Shadowrun blog here?

You three might be wondering 'Why transfer the Shadowrun blog over from Tumblr like you did your FGC blog?'

Truth be told, Tumblr just is not very receptive to the written word. At the time I started on the platform with my FGC blog, it seemed nice; it sort of helped 'advertise itself', and I DID collect a decent amount of followers there for that(and a handful for the SR blog too.) Regular blogs, like websites, it seems are rough, and while I pine for Livejournal again as pimping your stuff was great AND it was receptive to the written word, I figured I'd try Tumblr.

Well after some years it did occur to me that Tumblr was only receptive to, well, certain things. I mean I don't need like oodles of hits and notes and praise and all of that stuff, SOME reception is sort of nice since otherwise I might as well be shouting into a tunnel.

That and while official Tumblrs do exist and I follow them as such, it just feels that there is a double edged sword in terms of material. It's easier to spread your name around, but I kinda feel these days these blogs aren't taken as 'seriously'-I suspect due to the average younger age of the platform, and because it's easy to use. In other words, perhaps a blog like this that takes more effort to push might receive more effort.

Plus I kinda feel the tabletop community/cyberpunk community/folks into this sorta thing might be cool with traditional blogs and such. We shall see! As the next couple of days go by I'll be updating this with all of the stuff from the other blog and adding to it.

Until then, welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Tap Tap*-This thing on? Obligatory Mic Check Comeback

Well then. It's been awhile, eh? I believe my last post was *checks* March 14(heh), 2018. That's almost two years ago. I mean, r...